I found this amazing recipe in this month’s Self magazine and can’t wait to make it this weekend!
Tomato- Watermelon Soup
Two of summer’s tastiest offerings help you spoon up more of the skin-saving antioxidant lycopene.
- 2 cups cubed watermelon (about a 2 1/2-lb piece)
- 2 tomatoes (about 1/2 lb), quartered
- 2 tablespoons unsalted almonds, ground
- 1/2 shallot, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint
Blend watermelon, tomatoes, almonds, shallot, lemon juice, vinegar and oil in a food processor until smooth. Divide soup among 4 bowls and top with feta, olives and mint.