Tips For Staying Healthy Over The Holidays!
I know most of you are making your last minute plans for the holidays now, which probably includes some travel, meals with family and parties with friends. But, just keep one thing in mind: Your Health! I’m not saying you have to starve yourself over the next week, but don’t do the opposite either and eat loads of crap! Find a happy medium where you can enjoy a few holiday treats without sabotaging your weight and fitness goals. I know it’s going to be hard for me to eat healthy because I will be with my family, so my plan of action is to eat way smaller portions and get in a few extra workouts where I can break a sweat. I’m packing my resistance band, jumprope and kettlebell. I plan to keep it simple and stick to basic arm/leg exercises mixed in with some training runs, depending on how my knee is. Try to do a mix of cardio and strength training, where you can keep up your heart rate and blast calories. Here is one of the sample workouts I plan to do:
1. Warmup jog for 5-10 minutes.
2. Alternate 50 pushups with jumprope for 2 minutes. Repeat for 2 sets.
3. Alternate 20 squats w/ overhead shoulder presses (using band) w/jumprope for 2 minutes. Repeat for 3 sets.
4. 50 Walking lunges + 50 kettlebell swings (you can jumprope). Repeat for 2 sets.
5. Alternate heavy (high resistance) bicep curls with band or kettlebell for 15 reps + 15 heavy tricep kickbacks + jumprope for 2 minutes. Repeat for 3 sets.
6. Abs: (20 v-ups + 20 leg raises + 20 side crunches on each side + 20 sets bicycles) x 2. Finish with a forearm plank for 3-5 minutes w/ arm and leg raises while holding.
7. Stretch and ice my knee.