I’ve been trying to eat more vegan and raw foods lately and came up with this recipe after searching for some vegan desserts online. It’s super easy to make and if you don’t like cashews, you can replace them with raw almonds. To make a chocolate version you can add some cacao or coco powder!
Coconut Cashew Macaroons
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (I like Kelapo)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I like Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Vanilla)
- pinch of sea salt
- Add the cashews to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is very fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and keep pulsing until it’s mixed well and forms a wet dough.
- Spoon out about 2 tablespoons of the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and roll into a small ball. Repeat until all the dough is formed into bite sized balls.
- Transfer the balls into the refrigerator and chill for 2-3 hours and serve cold.