This morning I got to go back on NBC (KPRC Chanel 2) to talk about my new fitness ebook Get Fit Done and also National Dessert Month! What?! National Dessert Month? Yes. You can totally celebrate with healthier versions of your favorite desserts! I thought since it’s October I would feature something with pumpkin spice – since we are all about that right about now. But…fyi…watch out for those PSL’s at Starbucks. They are loaded with sugar, fat and calories!
So, here is my take on a healthier pumpkin spice cheesecake with a little protein and healthier ingredients. This is a no-bake recipe an is also kid-friendly!
- 8Â ozÂ reduced fat cream cheese (I like to use whipped)
- 1/2Â cupÂ organic canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2Â tspÂ vanilla
- 1Â tspÂ cinnamon
- 1Â tspÂ pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4Â cupÂ stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (you can also use a small amount brown sugar)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powderÂ (like like Orgain)
- 4Â ozÂ Truwhip (or coolwhip lite),Â thawed
- 9Â inchÂ Wholly Wholesome organic pie crust
Follow the directions for a “no bake” pie and cook the crust according the the directions on the packaging and then let it cool slightly.Â Make sure you start with room temperature cream cheese or use whipped. Then, whisk together the cream cheese with pumpkin until fluffy (using a hand mixer or spatula) and then add all of the other ingredients except for the whipped cream. Add the Coolwhip/Truewhip last and fold it in. Chill the pie for about 2 hours or until firm.Â