SLIMMED-DOWN BACON CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF ‘MUFFINS’
- 1 pound 96 percent lean ground beef
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar made with 2 percent milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, such as EggBeaters
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking raw oats
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons french-fried onions
- Cooking spray
Preheat the ovenn to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, bacon, cheese, egg substitute,
oats, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, salt and pepper, mixing well.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture and reserve the rest.
Divide meat mixture evenly among a 12-muffin tin that has been
coated with cooking spray. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over each
meatloaf “muffin.” Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon french-fried onions
over each “muffin.” Bake another 5 minutes or until meat is no longer
Makes 12 muffins.