Farm Fresh Butter Lettuce Tacos w/ Portobello and Pecans
I keep forgetting to post this recipe! I had it last fall when visiting Travaasa and it’s still one of my favorite go-to vegan dishes that will please everyone. Chef Benjamin Baker created this dish in one of the culinaryÂ demonstrationsÂ I attended. We all got to sample the “tacos” at the end and I loved it! ThisÂ pictureÂ doesn’t really do it justice – because you can’t see the mushroom and pecan mixture that make up the “meat” of this taco. It’s so healthy and fresh and you won’t miss the meat.Â
Keep reading for the recipe…
From our kitchen to yours, hereâ€™s a delightful little recipe from Travaasa Austinâ€™s Executive Chef, Benjamin Baker. Follow these quick and easy steps to cook up your very own healthy, deliciousÂ Farm Fresh Butter Lettuce Tacos:
You will need:
- Portobello Mushroom (peeled and cut into pieces)
- Texas Pecan Pieces
- Finely Chopped Ginger
- Finely Chopped Garlic
- Sesame Oil
- Sherry Vinegar
- Local Bibb Lettuce Leaves
For the Farm Fresh Slaw:
- Red and Golden Beets (sliced and cut into strips)
- Fresh Jicama Root (sliced and cut into strips)
- Carrots (sliced and cut into strips)
- Farm Fresh Cucumbers (julienned)
- Sugar Snap Peas (julienned)
Prepare the components ahead of time:
- Lightly saute the portobello in sesame oil with a blend of olive and canola oils.
- Add a pinch of garlic and ginger.
- Deglaze with Sherry Vinegar and Tamari.
- Finish with pecans. Toast Pecans slightly and allow to cool until all ingredients are prepared.
- Assemble all ingredients into Local Bibb Lettuce Leaves and enjoy!