Refreshing Kale Smoothie
If you haven’t gotten on the kale bandwagon yet – you may want to give this kale smoothie a try. Adding kale to your smoothies, juices and shakes is a great way to get all the benefits of eating kale without the bitter taste and rough texture. I use my NutriBullet blender – but you can use just about any blender. I call this a smoothie – but sometimes I make it less thick and more like a green juice. If you prefer your drinks thicker – you can add more ice or even a half of banana. I love adding ginger to this because it gives it a little kick. Ginger also has many health benefits and it settles your stomach.
- 1.5 cups kale
- 1/2 large apple or 1 small apple (any kind)
- 1 small carrot or a handful of baby carrots
- 3/4 cup cup orange juice
- small peeled piece of ginger (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 cup ice (add more if you want your drink colder and thicker)
- *optional honey or agave if you want it sweeter
- *optional 1/2 to 1 banana if you want more of a “smoothie” texture
Blend well until all of the ice is gone and the kale is very fine.