This is a fun patriotic-themed workout that you can do with friends and family for Memorial Day Weekend, Fourth of July or other holiday weekend!
This is a HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout that mixes intervals of hard, easy and then medium. The RED circuit will be the hardest, followed by WHITE which will be easy and then BLUE which will be medium. So…hard/easy/medium. Since we are starting with some hard stuff – it’s important to do a good warmup first so that your body is ready! If you have time – repeat the whole thing 2-3 times!
What you need: 1 set of medium weights, water and a mat. Limit rest for maximum results.Â
- 20 180-Degree Jump Squats (alternate turning right and left mid-air as you land in a squat position) each jump squat=1
- 20 Decline Pushups (feet on a bench or step)
- 20 Burpees
- 45 Seconds of High Knees
- 20 Squats (without weight)
- 20 Bicep Curls
- 30 Calf Raises (hold weights)
- 15 Overhead Tricep Extensions
- 1 Minute Jumping Jacks
- 20 Shoulder Presses
- 30 Seconds High Knees
- 20 V-Ups + Superman (perform 1 v-up then flip over onto your stomach and do 1 superman – repeat 20 times)
*Repeat all three of these 2-3 times!