More about Cari:
About Cari Shoemate
Cari is a fitness expert and ACE-Certified personal trainer, and also has certifications in yoga and group fitness. She is a regular contributor for CBS (KHOU) and is seen weekly giving advice and doing workouts. Cari has also been featured on Fox, E!, NBC and other networks as a Fitness Expert. She is also a fitness model, is a contributor for Fitness Magazine and has been in OM Yoga & Lifestyle Magazine, OO2 Magazine, the Houston Chronicle, Cosmopolitan Magazine and on TMZ, Shape.com, LiveStrong.com, eHow.com and more. She has had international exposure in fitness magazines, blogs, and through her own fitness DVDs. Among her many projects, she is currently a brand ambassador for Oakley, runs Houston’s popular “Bombshell Bootcamp” and trains both NBA and NFL cheerleaders.
Cari is passionate about fitness, health, and wellness and goes out of her way to inspire others to adopt a healthy lifestyle and take charge of their lives. Her first DVD, Long Lean Legs was produced by ExerciseTV and is available on Amazon.com has been on VideoOnDemand nationwide through ExerciseTV.
If you live in Houston, you can workout with Cari at Bombshell Bootcamp - where members get the benefits of both a personal trainer for one-on-one support, and the fun atmosphere of group fitness. In addition to personal training, group fitness, and yoga, Cari also offers nutrition counseling, boxing, bootcamps, running programs, and functional athletic training (amateurs to pros).
“The only thing better than having a trainer with skills, enthusiasm, not to mention legs, as great as Cari is having one who’s been there, who can relate to you…”
*Below is my short demo reel highlighting my training style and on-air experience that I put together myself .
- Certified Personal Trainer through ACE
- Certified Group Fitness instructor through ACE
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- CPR/AED Certified through American Red Cross
- Ultra- Marathoner and competitive runner (can train/coach runners for all distances and all experience levels)
- Other areas of expertise: boxing, bootcamps, nutrition/diet, balance/alignment, stress reduction, corporate fitness programs and diet/exercise when traveling.
Ultra-Marathon (50k): 2012
Chevron Houston Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
NYC Marathon: 2010
1st Place (AG) TXU Turkey Trot 5k: 2011
3rd Place (AG) TXU Turkey Trot 5k: 2010
- CBS/KHOU 11 News: Trainer/Fitness Expert for weekly “Wake Up and Workout” segments – March 2012 to present
- Fox Morning News Extra: Local “Fitness Expert” – Oct 2009 to January 2011
- E! News: Featured clips of my live workouts as part of NBC Universal’s Healthy Week in NYC- May 2011
- Glade Commercials: Airing February 2011 – May 2011
- CBS Great Day Houston: Featured Personal Trainer and Demonstrating Exercises – September 2007, January 2008, May 2008, August 2008, January 2009
- Wild About Houston: Featured Personal Trainer and demonstrated exercises for teens – May 2008
- ABC’s LiveWell HD: Featured doing exercises – June 2009, December 2009
Other Media and Special Appearances
- Featured “Expert Trainer” in ExerciseTV’s Community Blog where she give fitness advice and answers questions.
- Brand Ambassador for Oakley Women, Local “Influencer” for Athleta and other brands including Lucy Activewear, Kashi, Bear Naked Granola and more.
- Represented ExerciseTV in NYC for NBC Universal’s “Healthy Week” and led workouts on stage with former Biggest Loser winners and other tv personalities – May 2011
- On the cover of the August 2010 issue of 002 Magazine along with a featured article.
- On Darra Torres’ blog tour and featured on her website DarraTorres.com.
- Featured in Health and Fitness Magazine, November 2010.
- Featured trainer in online publications such as FitSugar.com, iVillage.com, eHow.com and more.
- Featured Trainer on Shape.com and LiveStrong.com
- Featured in 3 commercials for Glade where Cari portrays herself as a fitness expert.
- Featured numerous times on CBS Radio to discuss health and fitness.
- Featured on the Dr. Phil Show, December 2010 (2 episodes) as Erica Rose’s trainer.
- Appeared at Total Body Expo – Houston, April 2008 demonstrating self defense and bootcamp exercises.
- Speaker for National Kidney Foundation events in Houston and give members information and tips about nutrition and exercise and lead the official warmup for the 2009 Kidney Walk.
- Featured in ACE’s Pro-Newsletter and interviewed for multiple online news articles such as “Fitness Tricks the Pros Use”.
- Front page feature in the Houston Chronicle.
- Writer/Contributor for Culturemap.com, Shape.com and Fitness Magazine.