Cari is a fitness expert with certifications in personal training, group fitness and yoga. She is also a fitness media consultant and provides content such as workouts, advice, articles and videos that she produces. She is regularly featured on tv (CBS, Fox, NBC and E! among others) demonstrating workouts and giving health and fitness tips. She has produced videos for big brands such as Oakley, Ford Motor, eHow.com, Fitness Magazine and ExerciseTV and has also produced and directed 2 fitness dvd’s. She has been a fitness model and a contributor for Fitness Magazine, Muscle and Fitness Hers, OM Yoga & Lifestyle Magazine and has also been featured in OO2 Magazine, the Houston Chronicle, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, Dr. Oz’s The Good Life and many more. She has been featured on TMZ.com and Dr. Phil with some of her celebrity clients and she has had international exposure in fitness magazines, blogs, and through her own fitness dvd Long Lean Legs. Among her many projects, she is co-founder of goWorkout Houston, runs Houston’s popular Bombshell Bootcamp and trains both NBA and NFL cheerleaders. She was the official trainer for the Houston Rockets Power Dancers from 2010-2013.
Cari is passionate about fitness, health, and wellness and goes out of her way to inspire others to adopt a healthy lifestyle and take charge of their lives. Her first DVD, Long Lean Legs is available on Amazon.com and has been on VideoOnDemand nationwide through ExerciseTV, which was part of NBC Universal and E!.
If you live in Houston, you can workout with Cari at Bombshell Bootcamp – where members get the benefits of both a personal trainer for one-on-one support, and the fun atmosphere of group fitness. In addition to personal training, group fitness, and yoga, Cari also offers nutrition counseling, boxing, bootcamps, running programs, and functional athletic training (amateurs to pros).
Cari is a mom of 2 and enjoys traveling with her family. She is also an accomplished runner and has run 5 marathons, 1 ultra-marathon and has placed 1st and 3rd in her AG for 5k’s in some of Houston’s largest races.
“Give Shoemate your body, and she will fix it. She will get you in shape, and you might even enjoy the process.”
– Houston Chronicle
“Best Legs in Texas”
– CBS Great Day Houston
“Always up for a challenge, runner Cari makes herself stronger by constantly upping the ante.”
“The only thing better than having a trainer with skills, enthusiasm, not to mention legs, as great as Cari is having one who’s been there, who can relate to you…”
– 002 Magazine
“…Cari Shoemate, a Houston-based trainer who’s whipped hundreds of women into swimsuit-ready shape…”
– Fitness Magazine
- Certified Personal Trainer through ACE
- Certified Group Fitness instructor through ACE
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- CPR/AED Certified through American Red Cross
- Ultra- Marathoner and competitive runner (can train/coach runners for all distances and all experience levels)
- Other areas of expertise: boxing, bootcamps, nutrition/diet, balance/alignment, stress reduction, corporate fitness programs and diet/exercise when traveling.
- Ultra-Marathon (50k): 2012
- Chevron Houston Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- NYC Marathon: 2010
- 1st Place (AG) TXU Turkey Trot 5k: 2011
- 3rd Place (AG) TXU Turkey Trot 5k: 2010
- KPRC Channel 2 (NBC): Talking about goWorkout Houston and the importance of working out – June 2018
- CBS/KHOU 11 News: Trainer/Fitness Expert for weekly “Wake Up and Workout” segments – March 2012 to 2016
- Fox Morning News Extra: Local “Fitness Expert” – Oct 2009 to January 2011
- E! News: Featured clips of my live workouts as part of NBC Universal’s Healthy Week in NYC- May 2011
- Glade Commercials: Airing February 2011 – May 2011
- CBS Great Day Houston: Featured Personal Trainer and Demonstrating Exercises – September 2007, January 2008, May 2008, August 2008, January 2009
- Wild About Houston: Featured Personal Trainer and demonstrated exercises for teens – May 2008
- ABC’s LiveWell HD: Featured doing exercises – June 2009, December 2009
Other Media and Special Appearances
- Previous Brand Ambassador for Oakley Women
- Featured in 3 commercials for Glade where Cari portrays herself as a fitness expert.
- Regular Contributor for Muscle and Fitness Hers Magazine 2014 – present
- Contributor for Fitness Magazine and created the Bikini Body Bootcamp workout series for the May 2013 issue.
- Represented ExerciseTV in NYC for NBC Universal’s “Healthy Week” and led workouts on stage with President Obama’s personal trainer
- On the cover of the August 2010 issue of 002 Magazine along with a featured article.
- Featured in Health and Fitness Magazine, November 2010.
- Featured trainer in online publications such as FitSugar.com, iVillage.com, eHow.com and more.
- Featured Trainer on Shape.com and LiveStrong.com
- Featured numerous times on CBS Radio to discuss health and fitness.
- Featured on the Dr. Phil Show, December 2010 (2 episodes) as Erica Rose’s trainer.
- Appeared at Total Body Expo – Houston, April 2008 demonstrating self defense and bootcamp exercises.
- Speaker for National Kidney Foundation events in Houston and give members information and tips about nutrition and exercise and lead the official warmup for the 2009 Kidney Walk.
- Featured in ACE’s Pro-Newsletter and interviewed for multiple online news articles such as “Fitness Tricks the Pros Use”.
- Front page feature in the Houston Chronicle.
- Writer/Contributor for Culturemap.com, Shape.com and Cosmopolitan Magazine.